Transforming businesses for the digital age
As a Digital Strategist, my goal is to support businesses to transform for the digital age. I act as an independent, informed adviser to business leaders on:
- Aligning digital to business strategies
- Championing customer experience and innovation in large scale digital projects
- Conducting strategic reviews on the performance of digital channels
- Creating business cases for investment in digital technologies and services
- Specifying requirements and procuring technologies and digital services
- Planning content, social, email and other components of a digital marketing strategy
- Supporting teams as they implement front end requirements, create content, build or integrate technologies and execute digital marketing strategies
What I do
Usually, my work starts with challenging questions:
- Is digital really aligned with the business strategy?
- Are commercial, marketing, operational and other opportunities being harnessed?
- Is there a digital culture embedded within the business?
- Are the structures and capabilities in place?
- How effective and responsive is the IT function at rolling out technologies and achieving the expected benefits?
- How are risks, both within your business and outside, being identified and managed?
How I do it
Through facilitation, research and analysis, I develop digital strategies that:
- Are compelling and customer centric
- Fit with the business strategy
- Leverage data and customer insights
- Focus on the most appropriate channels
- Deliver maximum return on investment
To support clients to execute those strategies, I plan and prioritise, build knowledge, restructure and mentor teams, identify suppliers and often troubleshoot problems as they arise.
What I deliver
The outputs from my work include:
- Digital strategy plans
- Business cases
- Audits of digital channels
- Audience, channel and competitive research
- Social media strategies
- Content marketing strategies
- Website, mobile, eCommerce and intranet specifications
- Policies, procedures and guidelines
- Digital upskilling programmes
Why I’m different
I advocate for customers. I challenge. I stress test. I’m independent, with no vested interest other than to enable and support clients to leverage digital technologies and achieve tangible benefits .
I draw on deep experience in media and a focus on customers and other audiences. Initially, I worked at a senior level in traditional media where I developed new propositions, including The Sunday Business Post. Latterly, my experience has been focused on digital and assisting clients to launch, relaunch or restructure their channels to meet business goals and audience objectives.
Who I work with
Since 2001, I have acted as a strategic adviser to business owners, CEOs, senior executives and their client teams. My clients have been PLCs, B2B and B2C companies, high potential start-ups, professional services firms, industry associations and State bodies.
Working across multiple sectors – financial services, utilities, tourism, software, consumer goods, among others – allows me to draw on a varied range of experiences, corporate cultures and levels of digital maturity.
Find out more
Contact me to hear how I can help your business.